Do you have a passion for IT and a keen interest in the finance industry? Then consider an internship at SunGard!
SunGard are offering you the opportunity to apply your skills, learn about the SunGard culture and, most importantly, demonstrate your potential for a full-time position after graduation. Of course there are more immediate rewards too; earning an attractive salary whilst simultaneously gaining real life experience in a commercial environment to enhance the theoretical knowledge acquired during your degree studies.
The summer internship is a 10-12 week programme for undergraduate, masters and PhD students. We are seeking candidates ideally completing a degree in a numerate discipline such as computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering and targeting a 2:1 grade. Candidates should have a strong interest in both technology and finance.
Successful candidates will join SunGard’s Adaptiv business. Adaptiv provides enterprise-wide credit and market risk management and operations solutions for financial services institutions. The Adaptiv software development and professional services teams are based in Oxfordshire & Cambridgeshire. They are responsible for the development and implementation of Adaptiv products and components, and ultimately for delivering customised Adaptiv solutions to SunGard’s clients.
You will be a full team member, given responsibility for a number of tasks on a set project and will constantly learn from the expertise of those around you. The type of work you will be performing on a day to day basis will be a mix of some or all of the following tasks:
- Supporting financial risk modelling work
- Performing data analysis and using our software to investigate problems
- Using our software to perform financial simulations
- Software development in a Windows environment
- Database work involving SQL development
- Documentation e.g. user guides, requirements specifications or system performance
- Testing of new functionality including quantitative validation and performance
- Configuration of demonstration environments
- Where appropriate, attending calls or meetings with the wider team to discuss our clients’ requirements
During the internship, you will develop your technical and problem solving skills, and enhance your financial and software development lifecycle knowledge. It will be a busy and rewarding summer for you and we will work with you to set personal goals and objectives for you to achieve.