Learn the theory behind investment management and apply this knowledge in practice by managing a live portfolio of assets.
- Study for one of the most recognised master’s courses within the asset management sector and one of the few in the UK accredited by CFA Institute
- Enhance your career prospects by studying CFA level 1 as part of the programme
- Focus on highly specialised topics such as portfolio management, advanced financial analysis and other investment management related modules
- Benefit from professional exam exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Experience a practice-centred teaching approach that includes distinguished guest speakers and bespoke simulations
This degree programme prepares students for entry into the fast growing and exciting investment industry. It provides a practical knowledge of portfolio management and quantitative finance, together with an applied set of courses looking at industry structure and trends. Students benefit from professional guest speakers drawn from the heart of the global investment industry in the City of London, only a short distance away.
During the course you will develop expertise in a range of specialised areas such as trading strategies, portfolio and fund management, alternative and responsible investments, ethics in investment management and risk management, among others. You will also have the opportunity to apply this knowledge in practice through the use of simulations, case studies and take part in the portfolio management challenge designed for MSc Investment Management students.
Integral to the academic course is the parallel study of the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA® ) programme, level 1. The two programmes support and reinforce the other, ensuring that graduates acquire both the academic and professional knowledge and qualifications required to succeed in the investment management industry.
The tuition for this programme includes the candidate’s registration in the June CFA Level I exam that is written just after the end of the academic year. The tuition also includes substantial CFA teaching outside of the academic teaching.
The ICMA Centre is a CFA Program Partner; this is in recognition that this degree covers at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge, the CFA Institute Ethical and Professional Standards, and other requirements