The MSc Global Banking & Finance exposes students to the latest developments in the financial industry, set within a practical business context. Softer managerial skills complement the more quantitative aspects traditionally associated with Masters degrees in this area.
- Offer training in the academic discipline of finance within a global business context.
- Provide rigorous, critical analysis of issues in banking and financial markets.
- Provide an understanding of the interaction of finance with international financial services, international business and financial economics in the public and private sectors.
- A multidisciplinary and integrative curriculum reinforcing the strategic and international dimensions of global banking and finance.
- Two semesters of seven taught core modules, one elective module and a 15,000 word dissertation.
- Regular workshops and seminars by business practitioners from the corporate financial world.
- Specialist Core Modules
- Bank Risk Management
- Banking Regulation
- Monetary Policy and Central Bank Operations
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Investment Analysis.
Specialist Elective Modules (choose one)
- Alternative Investments
- Financial Engineering
- Trading in Global Financial Markets
- Bond Market Strategies.
Specialist Research Modules
- Research Methods
The MSc Global Banking & Finance commences two times per year, in January and September.
For up to date entry requirements, please visit our website.
Applications are considered on a rolling admissions basis, with no formal application deadline. Applications may be made online at our website.