- Institute of Consulting Professional Code of Conduct, downloadable from the Institute of Consulting.
- Certified Management Consultant Competencies, price: IC Members free; Non-members: £50.00. Available from
T: 01536 207 336.
- Institute of Consulting agreement for the provision of consultancy services, price: IC Members: Free; Non-members: £20.00. Available from T: 01536 207 336.
- The management consultant: Mastering the art of consultancy, by Richard Newton, 2010. Also available as an ebook.
- Essential tools for management consulting: Tools, models and approaches for clients and consultants by Simon Burtonshaw-Gunn, 2010.
- Flawless consulting: A guide to getting your expertise used (3rd ed.) by Peter Block, 2011.
- The consultant’s quick start guide: An action plan for your first year in business (2nd ed.) by Elaine Biech, 2009. Also available as an ebook.
- Management consulting: Delivering an effective project (3rd ed.) by Philip Wickham and Louise Wickham, 2008. Also available as an ebook.
- Practical management consultancy (5th ed.) by Calvert Markham, 2007.
- The basic principles of effective consulting by Linda K Stroh and Homer H Johnson, 2006.
- How to build a successful consulting practice by Jack Phillips, 2006. Also available as an ebook.
Institute of Consulting, 4th Floor, 2 Savoy Court, Strand, London, WC2R 0EZ. T: 01536 207307, www.iconsulting.org.uk
Management Consultancies Association, 60 Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DS.
T: 020 7321 3990, www.mca.org.uk
British Expertise, 10 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0DH.
T: 0207 824 1920, www.britishexpertise.org
All Business Links is a general business advice service. T: 0845 600 9006, www.businesslink.gov.uk
Institute of Management Consultants and Advisers for the Republic of Ireland. www.imca.ie
The Richmond Group, www.rgconsult.com