The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) is the leading international body representing purchasing and supply management professionals. It is the worldwide centre of excellence on purchasing and supply management issues. CIPS has almost 54,000 members in 150 different countries, including senior business people, high-ranking civil servants and leading academics. The activities of purchasing and supply chain professionals can have a major impact on the profitability and efficiency of all types of organisation.
Promoting excellence within the industry
The Institute acts as a centre of excellence for the whole profession in purchasing and supply chain management.
- Improving the professional standards of practitioners
- Raise awareness of their contribution to corporate, national and international prosperity, and
- representing the interests of individuals within the profession
- offering corporate solutions for organisations and businesses
Central to everything CIPS does is its commitment to people development through its education programmes. This provides opportunities at several levels help members to pursue studies in purchasing and supply management, in the context of the broader business environment. CIPS is the one place any purchasing professional comes to for everything they need.
Membership of CIPS will enhance your status as a purchasing and supply practitioner and will give you the backing of a well-informed professional body. Our research shows that qualified CIPS members (having achieved MCIPS) enjoy higher salaries than their non-member colleagues in similar purchasing and supply roles.
As a member, you will be part of a professional body that gives you direct access to valuable information on the most effective purchasing and supply management tools. You’ll receive direct access to advice and services that will enhance your career prospects and make your organisation more competitive, plus networking opportunities so you can share information with your peers.
- Information and practical advice from study materials to technical reports. Available from our website www.cips.org in the members’ only area or contact CIPS direct.
- Free subscription to Supply Management – a fortnightly magazine with news and features from the profession covering different market sectors and international news.
- Recruitment services – advice on developing your career, preparing your CV and performance at interviews. Our Supply Management jobsite gives updates on the latest posts available across all sectors.
- Network opportunities – CIPS has a network of around 50 branches in the UK as well as international branches in Hong Kong, Australia and some African countries.
Once you achieve your CIPS qualification through our structured study programme and combined with the evidence of your three years experience means you can use the letters MCIPS after your name. This proves you’ve achieved a certain level of knowledge and professionalism which gives you the edge over your competitors in the job market and status amongst your peers.