Once you have trained for and completed the ACA qualification, you will be accepted as an ICAEW member. You can then call yourself an ICAEW Chartered Accountant and use ACA as your professional designation.
Support throughout your training
It usually takes between 3-5 years to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant. We want you to succeed, so while you’re training you’ll have access to a wide range of ICAEW resources to help you progress including:
- The ICAEW student support helpline
- Dedicated online information for students.
- Reminders of key dates and exam entry deadlines
- Local student network groups
- Monthly ICAEW member magazine, economia
- Quarterly student magazine – VITAL
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Practice case study exams
- Access to the largest collection of UK accountancy, audit and tax resources in the world.
In addition to the support you’ll receive from your employer and tuition provider, we also have a dedicated team who can help with all aspects of the training process.
You’ll also become a member of your local ICAEW student society free of charge, which is a great way to meet and network with other ACA students. Many societies also offer exam revision and career development programmes.
Benefits of being an ICAEW Chartered Accountant
You’ll be joining a global community of over 138,000 business leaders and financial experts around the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work in any industry you choose, in any type or size of organisation. As an ICAEW Chartered Accountant, you’ll be recognised as having the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct, up to date technical expertise and the capability of a qualified professional.
As an ICAEW member, you’ll have access to world-leading information resources, technical guidance, advisory services and local member networks to help you succeed throughout your career. We are committed to continually updating our portfolio of products and services to ensure our members have access to the most useful and relevant resources available.
- An extensive range of technical and business information through our world-class library and regular publications.
- Expert technical guidance will help you to apply new regulations and maintain best practice.
- Advisory services which provides free, expert advice in strict confidence.
- International and online networks to meet and socialise with other chartered accountants around the world.
- Industry and special interest groups.
- Career support and leadership development.
For more information,visit the ICAEW website.