According to a study of 60 careers by insurance firm LV, accountants have ‘the best job in the world.’
The survey of 5,000 UK workers established the top 10 features of a job that that people value most highly. These were:
- Job security (74%)
- Good pay in line with responsibility (60%)
- Reasonable working hours (59%)
- Not too much stress and pressure (38%)
- Opportunity to progress (38%)
- A positive working environment (32%)
- A varied workload (29%)
- Workplace training opportunities (23%)
- A comprehensive benefits scheme (23%)
- Not being desk bound the whole day (21%)
Accountancy rated higher than any other profession for pay, work/life balance, job security, training, job prospects and stress levels. Typical accounting salaries are £38,283 – 44% more than the national average.
Other professions which rated highly were jobs in IT, teaching and charity work.
Find the best job in the world for you and apply for accountancy jobs today.