A set of new guidelines for bus, coach and lorry drivers have been unveiled by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA).
The standards are intended to enhance road safety and provide the skills, knowledge and understanding that is needed to ensure large models are handled in safe and responsible manner.
Courses are to be created to address particular issues including:
- preparing a vehicle and its occupants for a journey
- guiding and controlling a vehicle
- using the road in accordance with the Highway Code
- driving safely and responsibly in the traffic system
- reviewing and adjusting driver behaviour over a lifetime
National Driving Standard Category D (bus and coach) and National Driving Standard Category C (lorry) are available from the Department for Transport.
Considering a career in transport? Visit the Graduate Logistics & Transport homepage to find out more.