HW Fisher & Company is a top 25 UK chartered accountancy firm. We are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small, medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates and high-net worth individuals. Our clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry.
Founded in 1933, the practice comprises 30 partners and approximately 320 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT, business recovery and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
For this year placement, you will spend 1 year working within our Corporate Finance Department.
Your duties and responsibilities will vary, including:
- Learning how to prepare a set of accounts for review by the managers of the team
- Learning about financial modelling and how this impacts on businesses
- Gathering research on companies
- Assisting the team in finalising accounts and audit work
- Using relevant departmental software (including AP and Pro-Audit)
- Administration duties