Firm wide responsibilities for all Trainee Consultants
- Developing the necessary technical skills to carry out detailed and sometimes complex analysis, applying knowledge and judgement to interpret the results.
- Applying mathematical knowledge to solve often complex and challenging problems.
- Formulating advice for clients (whether the client is internal or external to the firm) using the results of the analysis.
- Presenting and communicating that advice both verbally and in a written context.
- Learning to use sophisticated modelling to help support the advice we give to our clients.
- Presenting the results of our calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way.
- Focusing on developing and nurturing client relationships (both internal and external).
- Responsible for careful time recording and allocation to appropriate client and job codes.
- Adhering to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
Actuarial and Benefits specific
- Designing clients’ benefits and reward packages.
- Identifying risks and potential mitigation strategies for asset and liability management.
- Improving security and quality of life for retirees.
- Advising on remuneration and wealth creation strategies.
- Developing a communication strategy supporting a change project.
- Identifying and helping develop modelling systems that help provide client solutions.
- Active involvement in client account development.
- Supporting new business propositions.
- Keeping on top of and advising clients on legislative changes.
- Understanding changes in the financial markets and implications for our clients.
We’re looking for candidates who love manipulating and analysing complex data and who also like to think critically to break down and evaluate problems objectively. You must also enjoy being efficient in your approach to work and deadlines, working with others, adapting to unfamiliar or changing situations, whilst all the time communicating effectively with your colleagues and clients. Difficult challenges, self-development and resilience are also areas you must relish.