APR provides actuarial solutions and other services including modelling, data analysis, and training consultancy to our clients, typically insurance companies and other large UK financial institutions.
The key to our success continues to be our recruitment of a number of the UK’s brightest graduates who, after being provided with comprehensive training, support our clients on a wide range of projects. New clients choose us and existing clients stay with us because of our reputation for developing high-quality actuarial talent that can assist them on some of their most challenging projects.
Becoming an employee of APR means you will:
- Experience unrivalled variety in your work through exposure to different actuarial, modelling and data analysis projects across different clients.
- Receive the best training that any actuarial employer offers with extensive exposure to Excel/VBA model building, coding, data analysis and actuarial software, along with full study support towards the actuarial exams.
- Make a difference on stimulating assignments and be financially rewarded for doing so.
- Become part of our small but renowned group of high-quality graduate employees, holding a much higher pass rate in the actuarial exams than the national average.
- Be able to work directly with the partners of the business.
As most of our client work is in the form of on-site support that takes place in our clients’ offices you must be enthused by the prospect of working for significant periods throughout the UK and possibly Europe. Such projects could last from a week to over a year, but typically run from three to nine months.
We believe that our graduate scheme provides the opportunity for a more varied, exciting and financially rewarding career than offered by traditional actuarial employers.
The key qualities we look for in individuals are intelligence and confidence. We believe that most other characteristics we require, including excellent communication skills, flow automatically from these two qualities.
Our minimum academic requirements are demanding, reflecting the calibre of individual we are seeking to recruit, and are as follows:
- 2:1 in any degree subject.
- A grades in GCSE English Language and A Level Mathematics.
- 340 UCAS points from your top three A level results.
Good IT skills in applications such as Excel and any programming knowledge are also an advantage.
Our application process:
Feedback from both successful and unsuccessful applicants is that they find our selection process refreshingly straightforward, engaging and challenging. We initially ask you to supply us with a CV and covering letter. Selected candidates will then be invited to complete our online test and, if you pass this, we will hold a telephone interview with you. The final stage is our assessment centre which lasts a couple of hours and consists of a face-to-face interview, a presentation and a written test.
Applicants should ensure they demonstrate they meet our minimum academic requirements in their initial application in order to be considered for a role with us. They should also include details of their right to work in the UK as part of their application.Apply now for this role