As a Tax Trainee you will be supporting the Tax Team with the preparation of high quality tax compliance and advisory services.
Our clients range from individuals and owner managed businesses to large corporates. Our clients operate in a broad range of sectors, for example retail, media, financial services, infrastructure, real estate and many more.
Mazars offers a range of tax services to meet the needs of our clients, including: Corporate Tax, International Tax, Personal Tax, Partnership Tax, Trusts & Estates, Expatriate Tax, Indirect Tax (VAT), Employment Tax, Share schemes and Tax investigations.
When you join the tax team you will be asked for your preference as to which of the above specific teams you would like to be assigned to (location dependent) and we will endeavour to accommodate your request. Additionally, should you have a desire to gain experience in one of the other areas, there is the option to second to other teams and work across the tax practice.
Your time will be split between meeting clients, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
- As Tax Trainee, your typical daily duties will include:
- Preparing tax returns and calculations for companies or individuals as part of the yearly tax compliance process
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of our clients
- Assisting seniors and managers with research, reports and other client deliverables for advisory projects
- Liaising with the wider Mazars team, for example, the audit team, to collect information on our clients for the tax compliance services or to determine other services we can provide to our clients
- Attending in-house technical training sessions
In the second and third years of your training contract your responsibilities will evolve to include:
- Becoming more involved with the day-to-day interactions with our clients, for example attending meetings and the client’s site to discuss the company’s/individuals tax affairs
- Providing support and training to the new first year trainees in the team
- Beginning to take an active lead on our compliance clients’ tax affairs
- Being responsible for the delivery of more complex advisory and transactional pieces of work which will utilise your increasing knowledge throughout the programme
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Academic Requirements – School Leavers
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Training Contract & Study Support
School Leavers: We will fund for you to study towards the ATT qualification followed by the ACA/CTA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply