As a Risk Assurance Trainee you will be supporting the Governance Risk and Internal Controls (GRIC) team on working with a broad range of clients covering both public and private sectors.
By providing an unbiased and objective view to the highest level i.e. Senior Managers and Governors, your role will be supporting the Internal Audit team in providing clients with independent assurance with regards to the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control processes.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
As a Risk Assurance Trainee, your typical daily duties will include:
- Assist with the planning of internal audit work programmes;
- Perform internal audit fieldwork, reviewing exposure to risk and the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate risks;
- Recommend improvements to systems and controls based on observations and best practice;
- Prepare internal audit reports which present audit findings in a clear, concise manner;
- Assist on other special assignments as appropriate (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews);
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information;
- Build client relationships and communicate with the client and the Internal Audit Team on any issues or findings;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars;
- Attend training courses as required.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
2 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 96 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply