Corporate Infrastructure overview:
Our Corporate Infrastructure business areas are what underpins the success of the entire organisation. These are the functions that support the business, helping us deliver innovative financial solutions that set Nomura apart in the global marketplace. In our highly competitive and fast-paced industry, strong infrastructure teams are fundamental to our success. Work in these areas with us and you’ll be operating at the forefront of your field, as well as gaining a valuable insight into how Nomura operates on a global scale.
Industrial placements are a great opportunity to experience first-hand the possibilities of a career in banking. It is your chance to get a feel for our culture, create new networks and gain valuable on-the-job training. Placements are also the perfect preparation for a subsequent full time role. Nomura will extend full time offers to strong performers.
Training – Placement students will receive extensive training to enhance the skills they need to perform well during their internship. As part of the corporate infrastructure placement programme, you will receive training which will include business overview presentations, structured class room seminars, internal training by business representatives and team- building with colleagues. You will receive ongoing performance feedback and have access to division specific educational sessions designed to aid your professional development. Managers will focus on your career development and dedicate their time to coach and mentor you, helping you realise your full potential.
Throughout your industrial placement you will be supported both by a buddy, mentor and a dedicated programme management team.
What’s your role?
Our Corporate Infrastructure roles include the following business areas:
- Compliance – The compliance team get exposure to a wide range of regulatory issues, whilst also being responsible for identifying any financial crime and anti-money laundering issues which impact the firm. They implement and control surveillance to ensure the effectiveness of the Firms information barriers so that inside information cannot leak to the public side of the Firm
- Finance – Provide business advice and ensure fiscal control of the global franchise. The Finance team manages our funding and liquidity requirements and interacts with our creditors and rating agencies.
- Operations – Responsible for the management and execution of transactions, maximizing profitability and minimizing risks. People in Operations work closely with sales, trading and technology teams and develop innovative and efficient approaches to our clients’ investment, liquidity and risk management needs.
- Risk – Identify and analyse operational, credit and market risk, as well as shape risk appetite and risk decisions to give us the best possible standing in the global marketplace. Sound risk management is central to the successful execution of our business.
- Technology – Work with and design state-of-the-art information technology and risk management systems to support an ever-expanding demand. These are the systems that can often give us that crucial, split-second edge over our competitors.
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit graduates and interns with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online.
To apply for a 2017 industrial placement position, candidates should be available for full time employment in September 2019.
Fluency in English is essential.
We recruit on a rolling basis and encourage applicants to apply early.
Application deadline: January 2017Visit Website for More Information and to Apply