Are you an aspiring School Leaver looking to become a future business & finance leader? Are you looking to build a career with a recognized employer of choice for investing in young talent (‘National Firm of the Year 2016 Winner’ at the 2016 British Accountancy Awards)? If that is you then you need to apply for our School Leaver Programme where you will train in the AAT Accountancy Qualification,we are looking for a talented trainee to start with us ASAP in our office in Egham, Surrey in the Outsourcing division!
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
The AAT Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Trainee Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17 & 2017/18 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
- Acting as a contact for clients on a day to day basis, attending to queries and requests
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Assisting in the maintenance of nominal ledger, sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Assisting in the month end adjustments such as calculation of prepayments/accruals & posting other journal entries
- Interaction with clients to ensure continuing good relations and the effective and timely completion of work to meet internal and external deadlines
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns
- Provide guidance and training internally and to clients as required on relevant accounting software packages and on accounting principles
- Providing overall support to Managers in delivering high quality service on outsourcing assignments and engagements
- Bring to the attention of managers and partners opportunities to promote additional services to existing and potential clients
- Support the on-boarding of new clients and transition of work from previous advisors
- Undertake work both in the office and at client sites, as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time such as:
- Being involved with conversions of client systems from manual/desktop systems to Xero or other online software
- Assisting clients with the building and set-up of their financial systems and controls
Our AAT Trainees form part of the Outsourcing team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you’ll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn’t just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto the prestigious ACA qualification which is on a 3 year Trainee Programme.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don’t pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that’s Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate abut our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
What is our Outsourcing Division all about?
Working as part of the Outsourcing team, reporting directly to Managers and Partners, you will be required to develop strong client relationships and be able to complete jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
We use cloud based accounting software, predominantly Xero, and the role requires an ability to operate this efficiently and to offer systems advice through a good knowledge of Xero and associated apps.
You will provide services to your own client base and collaborate with colleagues across different departments and service-lines to provide effective, joined up services and solutions to clients.
You will also be expected to supervise and assist junior members of the team and demonstrate best working practice to contribute towards the department achieving a high level of service delivery to clients.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events – each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program – our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- School or College leaver (up to 12 months)
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and 8 GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially & strategically minded
- Strong at networking & relationship building
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.