As part of the Quantitative Finance team within the Financial Services Consulting department, you will interact with banks, insurance companies, large corporates and service companies on a variety of projects.
During the internship, your typical daily duties will include:
- Financial instruments pricing: vanilla and complex derivatives for all asset classes (interest rates, credit, commodities, equity, inflation, …);
- Model validation for large investment banks;
- Accounting standards implementation review on subjects of particular importance to the industry (financial instruments pricing, hedge effectiveness tests, CVA / DVA, credit risk models);
- Development and/or review of market and credit risk management model (Value at Risk model, stress test);
- Technological monitoring, tools development for our internal library;
- Support for the implementation of Solvency II / Basel II & Basel III;
- Development and/or validation of ALM tools;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Required: A strong background in mathematics and statistics. Additional programming skills (i.e. Python, R, VBA, C++) will be appreciated.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- Required: Achieved, or on track to achieve, a masters degree in a related discipline e.g. mathematics, statistics, quantitative finance
- 1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply