Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
You will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects. You will serve as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements by performing many intricate aspects of the client work.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client. You will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on client projects including many household names while you progress towards qualifying as an actuary or obtaining the CFA qualification.
The world has seen tremendous shifts over recent years and investment is no exception. Graduates play an important role in helping us adapt to this world. You will work in one or more of the following teams:
- Defined Benefit (DB) – you will advise clients how to design, implement and monitor an investment strategy that helps them achieve their goal of paying pension benefits.
- Defined Contribution (DC) – you will advise clients how to design, implement and monitor an investment strategy that helps their defined contribution scheme members accumulate returns.
- Delegated Investment Services (DIS) – you will invest pension assets for clients who feel that outsourcing their investment strategy to Willis Towers Watson is the best way to meet their goals.
- Structured Products (SP) – as a member of the hedging specialist team, you will advise clients how to use derivatives to manage their risk.
Our 6 week Intern Programme is designed for penultimate year students.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year.
As a minimum when applying you should meet our entry criteria:
- 2:1 Degree in any discipline and 300 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent),
- For applicants looking to qualify as an actuary, A level Maths may be required
- For some roles we will look for a 2:1 Degree in a numerate or semi-numerate discipline and 300 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels)
Study support: Full and comprehensive study support package provided for the CFA or Actuarial qualifications
Location: This role will be based either our Leeds or South East offices.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.