- Preparing all groundwork for Accounts to be produced.
- Producing Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Carrying out some audit work (out at Client’s premises and at our other offices).
- To carry out tax work as directed.
- To monitor and record accurately all projects undertaken.
- Accounts work will be prepared using the relevant accounting software. We currently use Caseware, Sage and Quickbooks as well as Microsoft Excel.
The type of organisations the Firm carries out audit and accounts work for:
- Small to Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs).
- Owner Managed Businesses and Subsidiaries, including groups.
- Specialist groups include: Pension Schemes, Charities and Not For Profit Concerns, Solicitors, Golf Clubs, and Financial Services.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade B or above.
- Good A levels, excluding General Studies and A/S Levels (a minimum of 300 UCAS points, at one exam sitting, or equivalent).
- A Graduate, expecting a Degree result of 2:1 or above.
- Be IT competent and familiar with Microsoft computerised packages. Experience of Sage and Quickbooks would be an advantage but not essential.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Full time hours of work: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with 1 hour for lunch each
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- The package will include:
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non contributory) following completion of a 13-week probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum, 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
- Driving: The ideal candidate must have a clean, valid Driving Licence and will be required to travel to Clients’ premises (relevant mileage costs will be reimbursed).