Looking for a fulfilling career? One that can have a wider impact on society? At Grant Thornton, that’s precisely what we offer. A career where you can have your ideas implemented. Your opinions heard. Your contributions valued. Not just by your colleagues, but by coveted clients. And the opportunity to inspire changes that can be felt wider than our business, helping us achieve our bold and ambitious vision of shaping a vibrant economy for the UK and beyond. It’s a compelling mix. So bring your passion, ambitions and inspiration, and together let’s make it happen.
Our clients are operating in uncertain times. It’s our job to work with them to help them to grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. As part of our audit team, you’ll spend most of your time going out to work with our clients at their sites. Right from the start, you’ll develop relationships built on credibility and trust with clients across a wide range of sectors. Getting to the heart of how they work and what challenges they face, you’ll help us provide the business and financial advice they need to grow and make the right decisions about the future.
As a graduate in audit you’ll join us on a three year programme to become a professionally qualified business adviser.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll get involved in all aspects of the audit, giving you an in-depth insight into real business right from the very beginning.
- You’ll be examining accounts, carrying out audit tests, attending stock takes and completing audit files.
- You’ll enjoy early responsibility; within a year or so you could be an ‘in-charge’ meaning you have responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the audit and you act as the main contact between the client and your team.
- You’ll study towards becoming ACA/ACCA qualified so that you have the technical expertise and insight to advise our clients.
Who we’re looking for:
- You should share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect & Responsibility
- Independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge or be challenged
- Always striving to grow yourself, you should be driven to succeed with the ability to see tasks through to the end and remain agile, even when things don’t go to plan
- Passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential.
- Able to analyse the numbers and back them up with strategic advice, you must be a great relationship builder who can inspire everyone around you with your energy and ideas.
- You should also work well with others and take ownership of the part you play.
We have a flexible approach to academic requirements. We consider academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are more important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
We fill roles as we receive applications and expect to fill the majority of our roles by the end of April 2018. Final year undergraduate students or anyone with a degree can apply. We encourage applications from all degree disciplines.
At Grant Thornton, we are committed to creating a working environment where all colleagues are treated equally, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone feels valued and able to perform at their best. This is our aspiration.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply