Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Are you ready to be challenged? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits. In Talent, we provide our clients with the strategic advice and guidance they need to manage, reward and engage their people effectively and efficiently in order to support the strategic direction of their businesses and their unique cultures.
Joining as a graduate within Talent in our London office, you will also become part of our 16 month Graduate Development Programme commencing in September 2015. As a graduate Talent Analyst, you’ll undertake research and analysis into issues affecting business profitability, focusing primarily on reward (salaries, incentives, benefits, expatriates) and performance (profits, returns, market value) and wider workforce issues (role descriptions, competencies, job evaluation, employee engagement, internal communications, global mobility and HR systems/processes). We expect team members at all levels to bring true value to our clients. As you progress and build the basic technical and consulting skills you can expect to have direct client contact very early in your career.
You will have the opportunity to study towards the MSc in Human Resource Management on a part time basis enabling you to become a Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. It takes two and a half years to complete and encompasses core HR practitioner standards. They range from leadership management, resourcing and reward to leading and managing change and considering the international context. This role is the starting point for an 8-10 year career track through analyst and project management positions to Talent Principal.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Obtaining meaningful, complete and accurate information from direct contact with internal and external resources
- Completing all numerical calculations in an accurate and timely manner
- Being familiar with business/economic issues faced by our clients and understand basic accounting concepts
- Summarising relevant findings and client implications into a clearly articulated and well presented document
- Writing draft reports and presentations
- Drafting original client communications materials
- Assisting with the implementation of systems and processes
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, A level B grade or above, with minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained ideally in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted and other degrees considered)
- An interest in human resources is essential
- Willingness to complete relevant professional qualifications
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance
To learn more about Mercer and to apply click the link below.