FIS’ ADAPTIV BUSINESS
FIS’ Adaptiv provides enterprise-wide credit and market risk management solutions for financial services institutions. Our teams assist institutions of varying size and complexity to deploy technology to meet both internal and regulatory requirements for risk management and operational control. Our clients include financial services institutions from the banking, hedge fund, asset management, insurance, and corporate sectors.
GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Our development teams combine technical skills with a comprehensive understanding of the financial and business problems that our solutions address. They assist in delivering a high-quality product to the customer, making us stand out in the marketplace.
We are seeking motivated graduates with a keen interest in technology to join the Adaptiv development team in Cambridge and are offering the following roles:
- Software Developer – you will work on a variety of existing and new projects using a range of technologies to solve complex application and business related problems. Your responsibilities will range from developing code and small bug-fixes, to client enhancement requests and new project development. Your role will include requirements and code handover with the other groups in the development lifecycle, during which you will accurately communicate the milestone updates, highlighting any risks and technical challenges.
- Quantitative Developer – you will help develop, maintain, and support our risk calculation engine – Adaptiv Analytics, a highly-engineered product capable of conducting complex financial risk calculations in a superiorly performant manner! As a member of our team of global quantitative specialists, you will be involved in the entire lifecycle of financial model development: engaging with clients, performing independent research, as well as designing and implementing models in C# .NET in a mathematically accurate and highly performant manner. Your responsibilities will include both small bug-fixes and larger project development, working closely with our other product development teams to deliver new functionality to meet our clients’ needs. You will accurately and confidently communicate milestone updates to the team and its immediate dependents, highlighting any risks and challenges.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking graduates with excellent mathematical, problem-solving and software engineering skills:
- Proactive and self-motivated, seeking challenging work!
- Strong academic background, targeting (or achieved) a minimum 2:1 in a numerate/technical discipline
- Prior experience in programming (in any programing language)
- Keen interest in both technology and finance
- Aspiring to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company!
For the quantitative developer role, we require excellent mathematical ability (with stochastic calculus and probability theory being particularly advantageous), a strong understanding of coding concepts and technical design, and a keen interest in financial markets and quantitative finance.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning needs with a robust programme of online, classroom and on-the-job training.
Upon joining FIS, you will attend the core graduate training week designed to provide you with an overview of how our organisation is structured, our technology and the markets we serve. Additionally, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A collaborative and supportive team environment to help with your professional development
- A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
- Study support towards professional qualifications that relate directly to your role
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via email and submit your CV and cover letter (stating your role preference).Apply now for this role