During your placement year, you will support the Financial Planning team to advise clients on a wide range of personal financial matters, including the ongoing management of their investment portfolios.
Your time will be split between meeting clients, working in the office and studying for your professional exams
During your placement your daily duties could include:
- Developing a strong understanding of the financial planning advice process and Mazars internal systems and processes
- Developing the skills needed to work with clients on a daily basis
- Completing the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Attending training sessions as required
- Preparing client advice reports
- Information assimilation from investment providers / secondments to the finance, compliance and R&D departments.
Person Specifications & Academic Requirements
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work / clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have been achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.