The Deloitte Graduate Programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a Business Advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
The commercial world is constantly changing. Our clients face new regulations, shifting legislation and fluctuating economic and financial risk. Every day. It’s our role not only to help them mitigate and manage this, but to succeed despite it too, making informed and intelligent decisions based on our analyses to maximise commercial opportunities.
As a graduate you’ll be working alongside the market leaders in risk advisory and consulting, not just following legislation and the market, but delivering effective solutions that are easy to understand and even easier to action.
- Compliance and Operations Risk: A broad remit will see you working on a range of risk-related projects, from target operating model (TOM) design to governance framework reviews. Ultimately it’s about making sure our clients are both competitive and compliant.
- Extended Enterprise Risk Management (EERM): You’ll help our clients get the most from their third party relationships, from customers and suppliers, to distributors, licensees and franchisees. Making sure they can maintain brand integrity and boost revenue. Read more from our client site.
- Financial Risk Measurement: This is all about quantifying risk, whether it’s from credit, the market, liquidity or operational. You’ll help clients understand and root out the best strategies, making sure they’re competitive and operate within ever-changing regulations.
- Managed Solutions: You’ll advise clients on ways to streamline operations and manage risk, as well as helping them make strategic decisions and plan for future growth.
- Public Sector: You’ll help deliver large-scale, complex transformation programmes, designed to future proof public services. It’s vital work, with a broad remit, that involves senior-level collaboration, innovative delivery models and digital transformation, as well as leadership and talent development.
- Risk Analytics: Storing and using data presents complex, challenging issues for our clients. When you’re part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, it’s all in a day’s work.
- Risk and Capital Management: A chance to work directly with clients in many different areas of risk and regulation. Projects range from implementing large-scale risk management frameworks to developing strategic legal restructuring programmes.
- Regester Larkin Deloitte: You’ll support clients through the intense scrutiny and pressure of a crisis. Whether it’s a cyber attack, natural disaster, product failure, or other challenging issue, you’ll be there to advise senior leaders. Through crisis management and other techniques, you’ll help them minimise the impact on their reputation, strategy, commercial interests and bottom line.
- Strategic Regulatory and Operational Risk: You can expect a varied and vital career in this team, working with all kinds of high-profile clients. You might be helping a business become more sustainable or better equipped with technology, giving advice on a specific compliance project, or guiding a client’s approach to financial controls.
- Technology Risks & Controls: You’ll help all kinds of financial services organisations manage risk. From auditing their IT processes to transforming their ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Ability to effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state
- Internal Controls and Design: Ability to assess and design internal controls by applying an understanding of internal control design frameworks and regulatory requirements
- Risk Strategy: Ability to leverage an in-depth understanding of the client’s strategy to plan and drive the development of impactful and sustainable risk management solutions
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Reporting and Presentations: Ability to increase quality, accuracy, and impact of reports and presentations by leveraging critical thinking, experience, and judgment
- Knows the Business and the Industry: Ability to build an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, innovation efforts, and leading practices
- Executive Presence: Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with, and instil confidence in clients
- Global Mind-set: Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and clients of varying backgrounds to effectively serve clients