The technical support team is part of the largest team within Retirement, Defined Benefit Consulting, which provides advice on running many of the largest UK Defined Benefit (or Final Salary) pension schemes.
The Technical Analyst is a non-client facing role where you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects serving as a key resource for the consulting teams. Duties will include:
- Pension Scheme valuations
- Calculating and valuing the benefits of individual members
- Complex data manipulation
- Pension Scheme accounting disclosures
- Monthly client billing
- Cross-departmental projects.
Our 6 week Intern Programme is designed for penultimate year students.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year.
- 2:2 Numerate Degree OR non-numerate Degree and 300 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent) including Maths at grade A or B.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new bespoke IT skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Well organised, thorough and with a good eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate
- Flexible, proactive, responsive with an inquisitive approach to work
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable, working environment
- Strong sense of accountability.
Study support: Full and comprehensive study support package provided.
Location: This role will be based in either our Reigate (Surrey, South East) office.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Please note, you must be authorised to work in the European Economic Area (EEA) on a permanent full-time basis in order to apply.