Everything we do creates a safer future. In a new age of cyber and digital threats, our people have a shared vision to protect the connected world, to create and deliver intelligent global solutions across an ever changing technological (threat) landscape.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds who face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
We are currently looking for a number of summer students to join the various teams in the UK as a Consulting intern.
As with the full time graduate role, the role of the Consulting intern is to understand the challenges and requirements of a client’s business, and to provide an insight of the capabilities and specialisms of our solutions.
You will work in a team alongside highly experienced consultants who will provide training and support and will get an insight as to what the role involves as a full time employee.
Our interns often get involved in external as well as internal roles (though it will depend on project demands at the time) and may therefore get involved in:
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis
- Financial analysis and financial tracking
- Evaluating and reconciling information gathered from multiple sources, for preparing reports
- Preparing presentations, marketing and sales collateral
- Building basic process maps in the support of analysis work
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of workshops and focus groups
- Solving complex/technical problems
- Communicating with both Applied Intelligence and Client teams
- Supporting project management
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong academic background with a numerate or scientific degree (predicted 2:1 or above in your degree as well as 300 UCAS point)
- Equivalent work experience, in a similar role or industry
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective, logical and enquiring mind
- Creative and persuasive
- Team player
- Resilience under pressure
- Commitment to study and acquire the necessary professional qualifications
- Microsoft Visio
Our Project Roles
We have a several project roles that you could undertake as a Consulting intern; across our various business areas/ locations. These include:
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Project Management Officer
- Bid Officer
- Operations Manager
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes – often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data.
We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. SC clearance must be obtained prior to starting with us.