The Business Performance Improvement (BPI) Consulting team offer a full complement of BPI services including:
- Finance / Operations process analysis and redesign – primary focus
- Finance / Operations organisation design – secondary focus
- Management information and reporting – secondary focus
- Project and change management – secondary focus
Our clients range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and abroad. We also work with public sector bodies and charities. Our primary focus is around client’s finance and operations functions, however we do undertake process improvement and organisation design reviews in other business areas.
As a BPI Consulting Junior Consultant you will be involved in various aspects of project delivery and will actively contribute to project field work, analysis and developing final recommendations. You will also assist with the running of workshops and seminars and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest.
As a Junior Consultant, your typical daily duties will include:
- Conduct / support reviews to redesign client’s critical processes (primary focus)
- Conduct / support reviews to analyse and redesign client’s structures, reporting and approaches to project and change management (secondary focus).
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations
- Assist with the project management of client assignments by communicating directly with clients
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- Prepare presentations / marketing collateral, ensuring that documents are compliant with the firm’s standards
- Support with business development activities, such as tender proposals for new work
- Attend all training courses as required
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, research and communication skills
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Ability to build relationships
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Academic Requirements –
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
You will attend BPI specific training sessions throughout the year to support your professional and personal development.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.