At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The graduate programme is a structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management to delivering presentations.
What will I be doing?
The valuation team prepares a wide range of valuations for accounting, tax and commercial purposes, in both contentious and non-contentious circumstances. In addition to business and share valuations, we also prepare valuations of intangible assets (often post acquisition) and incentive scheme awards (e.g. share options and management share plans).
We are part of a broader transaction services team and sit alongside due diligence and financial modelling colleagues. The team is currently small but ambitious, giving the applicant an exciting opportunity with excellent career prospects. Alongside your work, you’ll receive first-class professional training as you study for the ICAEW/CISI Corporate Finance Certificate and Diploma.
We are looking for a bright, motivated individual, to initially join in an analyst role supporting the valuation team, with the aim to develop focused valuation skills through experience and increasingly participate in a more technical and senior role. This role allows exposure to a wide variety of clients, sectors and type of work, which will be highly rewarding to an individual who enjoys working on diverse projects and the personal dynamic of working as part of a small team.
Responsibilities of the Valuations Trainee position could include:
- Preparing and analysing financial data
- Financial modelling
- Utilising our data sources to research industry trends, comparable companies and acquisitions
- Maintain internal credentials databases
- Research and learn valuation methodologies and concepts
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ICAEW/CISI Corporate Finance Certificate and Diploma.
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in
- Have a high level of general commercial
- Must have or be on course for at least a strong second class honours degree in any discipline
- 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B