CRA is a leading global consulting firm that provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues to become more profitable, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services – economic and management consulting – are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries.
CRA’s Energy practice provides expert economic and business consulting services to a wide range of energy sector clients including corporates, governments and regulators. Our work typically includes:
- Economic assessments of policies and regulations;
- Expert reports and testimony for energy-based litigation
- Forecasting of energy prices and demand under a range of future scenarios
- Merger, acquisition, and divestment planning
- Integrated resource and transmission planning
- Market potential assessments for renewable and unconventional energy technologies
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a broad range of quantitative consulting tasks such as running electric power system models, database management, and forecasting.
- Analyzing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and statistical programs
- Conducting industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
We are looking for energetic, highly-motivated candidates with a strong interest in the energy/electricity industry who have an undergraduate or masters degree in economics, finance, mathematics or another quantitative discipline such as in mechanical, electrical, chemical, or systems engineering. Applicants with demonstrated skills (through coursework or work experience) in both economics/finance and engineering will be viewed most favorably. We place high value on research experience, computer and programming skills, presentation and communication skills, and strong writing ability. We expect entry-level Associates to learn quickly; apply prior knowledge to current situations; solve problems; prioritize tasks; and communicate well with peers, senior staff, and clients. We will accept applications from candidates with an undergraduate degree or also those at the Masters level.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply