Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
TRP is the leading Performance/Reward consulting and benchmarking firm. We help our clients make better business decisions by applying market pay and performance information, and delivering compensation survey reports.
We are looking to hire a number of individuals into our summer placement programme within our Talent, Reward and Performance (TRP) business with our London based team. You will support the business during the survey production season. The successful candidates will assist the team with survey report preparation and the formatting, cleansing and editing of a high volume of quantitative data. We expect successful applicants to start with us in early to mid-June and remain with us for 10-12 weeks.
About the Role
The Summer Placement hires will have an opportunity to work alongside senior consultants in the development of annual compensation studies. You will gain exposure to various industry segments including the financial services industry, commercial real estate, hospitality and upstream oil and gas, as well as in depth exposure to technical operations, database management and report building.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing large quantitative data sets.
- Standardizing and preparing data to load into database.
- Processing edits to data.
- Running internal data validation reports.
- Liaising with internal clients to determine data integrity.
- Assisting Analysts in the preparation of compensation statistics for final survey publication.
- Managing the internal reporting engine to set up, run and publish survey reports.
- Testing new database and data handling systems.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 3 A-Level results A-C or equivalent in numerate disciplines.
- B in GCSE mathematics or equivalent.
- Working towards or has obtained a university level degree (a numerical qualification is preferred).
- Strong analytical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Works well in a group as well as independently.
- Strong work ethic.
- Work efficiently under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Very strong communication skills.
- The ability to learn and adapt quickly to different systems and processes.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon’s recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.