We have a trainee consultant opportunity in our Edinburgh office within our Life and Financial Services team. As a trainee consultant with us, you’ll be a valuable member of the team from day one. Your success is an absolute priority for us and we are committed to making the appropriate investment in you.
As part of the Life and Financial services team we provide targeted insurance advice across six areas of focus – product development; risk and capital management; investment and ALM; longevity management; transactions and structuring; and insurance transfers and reporting.
As part of your role, you’ll be working with our exceptional consultants and technical experts on a wide variety of stimulating work from an early stage. For example you’ll be:
- Honing and using your analytical skills to gather and analyse complex data
- Applying your mathematical knowledge to solve often complex and challenging problems
- Learning to use sophisticated modelling to help support the advice we give to our clients
- Presenting the results of our calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way
- Working on thought leadership, carrying out research and helping write articles across all six areas of focus
- Attending client meetings, encouraging you to develop your consultancy skills alongside your technical skills and life insurance knowledge
- You’ll also focus on developing and nurturing client relationships by really getting to understand their business, their needs and offer them first class impartial advice and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear analytical ability
- Excellent team player and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Pro-active and flexible approach
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and clients
- On Track to achieve a minimum 2:1 honours degree in any discipline.
- Minimum A-Level Maths Grade B, Scottish Higher Grade A or equivalent.
- Minimum GCSE English Language Grade A, Scottish Higher Grade B or equivalent.
Rewards and Benefits
We want to help you achieve your professional qualification at a pace that is right for you. So, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive training and exam package that you can tailor for yourself. We’ll also offer you time off for study, mentoring from a senior colleague, and membership of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.