What we can offer you
Our specifically designed training programme will help you gain an appreciation of the pensions actuarial market and assist in developing formal actuarial techniques.
The internship includes;
- Eight week paid work experience;
- The opportunity to work within one of our actuarial consultancy teams with an assigned mentor;
- The specifically designed training programme covers topics related to day to day work as well as the history of pensions legislation and some mathematical actuarial techniques;
- Regular feedback meetings to discuss and monitor progress;
- Involvement in a series of projects within your own team and a specific summer internship programme which will involve you working as a team to achieve given objectives;
- Systems training;
- Opportunities to meet other members of staff and speak to Principals about their experiences.
In addition to the necessary academic achievements, we are looking for well-rounded individuals who possess and can demonstrate the following key attributes:
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- An aptitude for working with people;
- Excellent interpersonal abilities;
- A client focused approach;
- Well developed communication skills, both orally and in writing, to people with diverse range of social and educational backgrounds;
- An eagerness to take on responsibility and an ability to manage multiple demands on your time.
Internships are only available to individuals who would be available to commence employment within 12-18 months of this placement and meet the necessary criteria.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply