About the Company
Xafinity Punter Southall is the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, specialising in pensions actuarial, investment consulting and administration, with revenues of over £110 million.
The Xafinity Punter Southall business combines expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of both pension trustees and sponsoring companies for over 1,200 pension schemes, including 25 with over £1 billion assets, and undertakes pensions administration for over 500,000 scheme members. We have over 900 employees and offices in 15 locations across the UK.
About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Actuarial Team in Leeds for an 8 – 12 week summer internship.
Main duties and responsibilities
Providing general support to the Actuarial Team, including carrying out tasks such as individual member calculations, scheme valuations and asset / liability modelling. Full training will be provided during the course of the internship by the Leeds Actuarial Team.
To learn more about Xafinity Punter Southall and the day-to-day role, please feel free to refer to our actuarial graduate / summer profiles.
The successful candidate would need to be Leeds-based, or be willing and able to commute easily to and from Leeds, throughout the course of the internship.
- Interested in a career in actuarial work and available for an 8 – 12 week internship throughout Summer 2018 (dates to be agreed)
- Good GCSEs and A-Level results (including an A at A-Level maths)
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to take on responsibility
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Happy working as part of a team as well as individually
- Already graduated or expecting to graduate in 2019 with a 2:1 or above in a numerate degree
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter, quoting the vacancy reference number and job title. The closing date for applications is 18 March 2018.
Your covering letter should include the following points:
- Why are you applying for a summer internship in pensions actuarial?
- Why are you considering a role in the Xafinity Punter Southall Leeds office?