This is not a formal event and you do not have to attend from start to finish. Please feel free to turn up when it suits you and leave when you have all the information you need.
This FREE event will enable you to hear about how to become a Graduate Trainee Accountant through the ACA qualification and allow you to put your questions to accountancy firms, SWAT UK staff members and current students who are going through the scheme now. A free buffet lunch will be provided. Numbers are limited, and bookings are on a first come, first serve basis.
Bigger is not always better. In fact, training in a small-to-medium size accountancy firm can offer many opportunities and advantages, over-and-above training in a much larger firm.
Some of the advantages may include:
- Exposure to a wide range of clients, covering a greater range of assignments
- Greater number of assignments, therefore more experience
- Experience in audit, accountancy and taxation assignments
- Early responsibility
- Having greater access to partners
- Excellent career prospects with opportunities to develop into senior management and partner level roles
This exhibition is a great opportunity to learn more about training to become a Chartered Accountant (and yes, you can become a Chartered Accountant with a degree from any disciplne – not just accountancy!)
The afternoon will include keynote speakers and exhibitors to give you guidance on training to become a Chartered Accountant, specifically in the context of working within a small-to-medium size accountancy practice.
- Learn more about the ICAEW ACA qualification and what’s involved
- Talk to representatives from numerous firms of Chartered Accountants in London
- Learn what a career in accountancy is really like
- Hear from accountancy trainees who are going through their training now
- Plus, the event is a great opportunity to get noticed and take your first step towards becoming a Chartered Accountant
12pm – 1pm = Registration, buffet lunch and a chance to visit the stands and talk to the individual firms.
1pm – 1.10pm = Welcome and introduction from John Ellis, Recruitment & Student Manager for SWAT UK
1.10pm – 1.40pm = Becoming an ICAEW Chartered Accountant
ICAEW Chartered Accountants are recognised around the world as leaders in accountancy, finance and business. The ACA is a professional qualification that provides the knowledge, skills and experience you need to become a qualified chartered accountant.
In this session, you’ll find out more about:
- Who are ICAEW and why should you choose the ACA?
- The skills needed to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant
- The structure of the ACA and how you’ll balance study and practical work experience
- Diverse opportunities available to you once qualified!
1.40pm – 2pm = Break to network and visit the stands
2pm – 2.30pm = Top 5 Reasons to Train with a Medium Size Practice
Choosing a firm to train with is an important decision, but how do you know which firm is right for you? This session will illustrate the many opportunities available to you through training in a medium size accountancy firm, including:
- Progression opportunities
- Access to partners and higher level staff
- Breadth and variety of work experience
- 30pm – 2.50pm= Life as a Graduate Trainee (Student Case Study)
- The recruitment process
- Accountancy training
- Support from SWAT UK
2.50pm – 3.10pm = Break to network and visit the stands
3.10pm – 3.25pm = Your Accountancy Training – What to Expect
3.10pm – 3.25pm = Liaqat Mir: Overview of the student training through SWAT UK
3.25pm – 3.45pm = John Ellis: Student mentoring and ongoing support
3.45pm – 4pm = Your last chance to network and visit the stands