More than 90% of our MSc ISF 2015 graduates are in work or futher education 6 months after graduation.
- Experience a practice-centred teaching approach that includes specialised workshops, distinguished guest speakers, bespoke simulations and company visits.
- Receive a Dual Degree Award, with two full time MSc degrees in International Shipping and Finance from both the ICMA Centre and ALBA
- Gain international experience with one month’s study at ALBA in Greece, a country with a long-standing tradition in shipping and the largest merchant fleet in the world
- Utilise our industry links to access unique work-experience placement opportunities, whilst benefitting from our in-house career development programme and partnership with leading shipping recruitment company Spinnaker Global
- Benefit from professional exam exemptions from the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS)
The primary aim of the MSc in International Shipping and Finance (ISF) is to address the educational needs of the rapidly evolving, highly competitive and capital intensive shipping industry, by bridging the gap between academic theory and business practice.
The programme is designed to provide a unique educational experience that combines research-led, technically advanced teaching by world-renowned academic faculty and senior industry practitioners. The shipping industry itself is highly involved in shaping its structure and contributing to its delivery as well as the career development of its participants. The delivery of this programme is based on a practice centred, hands-on approach. The ultimate objective is to ensure that graduates are equipped with the knowledge, technical expertise and skills required by major employers in the sector.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of how the shipping and financial markets interact and complement each other. You will specialise in the analysis of shipping markets and cycles, maritime trade patterns and commodities carried by sea, chartering and ship-broking practices, maritime logistics systems, legal aspects in shipping, the selection of alternative shipping finance and investment methods as well as the development, implementation and appraisal of shipping related risk management strategies. You will also gain exposure to securities trading, corporate transactions, valuation, investment strategies and quantitative techniques.
Students on the MSc ISF programme also benefit from our partnership with Spinnaker Global as well as memberships of Maritime London and the Baltic Exchange offering them the opportunity to register as associate members during their study.