Tax professionals work in a variety of areas, covering business tax issues and personal tax issues for individuals.
Some advise on tax policy, regulations, pensions, and corporate governance. Others will act for businesses of all types who have to pay taxes. It’s detailed work that requires an overall perspective.
- Completing and submitting tax returns for individuals and companies
- Advising individuals and companies on the tax implications of legal decisions or contracts.
- Making recommendations that minimise tax payments within the framework of legislation.
Key skills needed for a career in tax
- Attention to detail
- Numerical and analystical skills
- A keen interest in current affairs and the economy.
Hear from graduates working in tax:
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the tax profession, take a look at the dedicated tax careers area of our website for a lot more information, advice, jobs and internships.