Our six week summer internship programme provides individuals with a wide-ranging exposure to pensions actuarial consultancy in a friendly and stimulating environment.
Interns work closely with both our actuarial and administration teams, gaining an appreciation of our market and assisting in developing formal actuarial techniques.
The programme is part of our actuarial trainee recruitment process and therefore continued performance within the role is assessed. Many of our actuarial employees began their careers with Punter Southall via this scheme.
What does it involve?
- Allocation to one of our actuarial consultancy teams, with a mentor assigned to help you.
- A specifically designed training programme, which covers topics related to day-to-day work as well as the history of pensions legislation and some mathematical actuarial techniques.
- Regular feedback meetings to discuss and monitor progress.
- Involvement in a series of projects within your own team and a specific summer internship project.
- Systems training.
- Plenty of opportunities to meet other members of staff and speak to Principals about their experiences.
- An availability to start work within 12–18 months of the placement.
- Expectation of a 2:1 or above in any degree.
- Minimum of 340 UCAS points (excluding General Studies and AS Level grades) including a grade A in A-Level Mathematics (or equivalent).
In addition to academic achievements, we are looking for well-rounded individuals who can demonstrate the following key attributes:
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal abilities
- A client focused approach
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- An eagerness to take on responsibility and an ability to manage conflicting demands on your time.